Sunday, April 4, 2010

Stake Musical!

Haven't posted for a while, so we will bring you up to speed.  Last November, I was asked to help with a musical that our stake was putting on.  When they told me what I would be doing, costuming and make-up, I wan't to throw up!  I asked when this would take place, March is what I was told.  I thought I would be sewing until kingdom come.  Fortunately, one of the woman helping had the majority of the costumes in her stash.  (She has a masters in costuming and theater.)  What a relief!  But there was something that we had to make, and that was a puppet.  So guess who took on the job of making this? Me.  Never made a puppet, so I had to just go for it because I had to have it done in about a month. So there he is, his name is "Sebastian."  In the scene he had been thrown out of a window.  Hence the sling.  The young woman holding him is Megan Graves her name in the play is "Gwendolyn".  It would take too long to tell you what the play was about, because it was long.  That was the only complaint.  2 1/2 hours long!  It was a lot of work.  We started with rehearsals in January and performed on March 12th and 13th.  Had a good time, was a lot of work, but mainly cut into my Saturdays.

No comments:

Post a Comment